Monday, May 17, 2010

Spiritual Community- Is it safe?

"When we enter spiritual community, we climb through the Wardrobe into the Community of the Lion". Larry Crabb
(That's why many people are just not interested in getting into a group. It's too "unsafe". They are content with just the safe environment of Sunday morning, sitting with faces forward, and with little relational risk.-dd)
"Should I stop wanting more? Should I simply go to church, meet mice people, sing good music, listen to decent preaching, cooperate with believers in causes I agree are important? Shall I let go of this mystical idea that we could actually "pour Christ" into one another and become inlamed with the Spirit's power?"
(Who wants to go through the "door" and explore the land of "Aslan" with me?-dd)

Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from Dennis's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment